domingo, 27 de mayo de 2007

Raikkonen: I'm not the sort to give up

Kimi Raikkonen has said that despite a frustrating Monaco Grand Prix he is still as determined as ever that he is in the championship race. The Ferrari driver only managed to pick up a point after starting from 16th and McLaren's clean sweep means that the Finn is now 15 points behind Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton in the standings.

Raikkonen insists that he could not do any better during the race with constant traffic issues holding him back.

Raikkonen said: "We knew we were facing an uphill battle and that's how things turned out. I got a good start, quickly moving up to twelfth, but from then on I was nearly always in traffic, never getting any chance to overtake. I never had a clear track ahead of me and it was only thanks to the strategy that I was able to make up some more places and get into the points, but I couldn't do any better.

"Obviously the situation in the classification is now a bit more complicated but there is still a long way to go in the championship and I am not the sort to give up."

Source